Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Other Road--The One Less Traveled--Leads to a Fulfilling Life

I don't remember where I was when I read the poem for the first time.  However, I do remember it generating thoughts in me of pursuing my passions.  Growing up, I was always a creative person (music and fine art); but the adults around me insisted that I study business in college so I could "get a job and pay bills!"  I remember thinking, "that doesn't sound like fun!"

I think life should be as fun as we can make it, and that I have the power to make a great life at whatever I chose to do.  We have only this one life, and we must live it to our fullest potential.  That's why I believe that every encounter we have is an opportunity to learn.  And I've learned a lot over the past 20+ years as an insurance professional and former business owner...I will take all of it with me and us it to make a great career as an artist!  I'm happy to be pursuing a masters in fine art (MFA in Figurative Painting) at the Academy of Art University and am thankful for the opportunity to have met a like-minded person from the other side of this globe!

Studying Art online...

My first semester at AAU was more than I imagined!  I, too, couldn't "see" how fine art could be taught online.  I was pleasantly surprised that even I could see the improvement in my work!  I'm thankful for this program because if not for it, I wouldn't have the opportunity to work towards a career change!  I don't believe in delaying because life is so fleeting.  I don't want to awake one day with thoughts of "should-of, would-of, could-of."  I will do all that I am able and learn as much as I can, as fast as I can, so that I can ultimately do what fulfills me.

Courage and Faith...

To others, this may appear to be a bold and courageous endeavor because I am taking the unpopular road, the one with all the weeds.  Challenges/Changes make us uncomfortable.  It's a natural feeling; however, changes, and challenges, are necessary for personal growth.  Yes!  I'm afraid...of the unknown...but I've taught myself to welcome challenges for all the lessons they will teach me.  This endeavor is the ultimate challenge, but I have faith that my new global friend and I will be success at reaching our goals!  Actually, I believe we will be MORE than successful!  Although we cannot see where this trail will lead us, I do believe that at the end of the trail, we will find much more than we imagined! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment